Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ragnar "Del Sol" Relay

I had to opportunity to run a portion of Ragnar this year; covering 200 miles total from Wickenburg to Tempe with a team of 12. I went with the purpose of running a middle leg night run for 5.4 hard miles as opposed to the regular 3 legs that each runner runs in the team of 12. I ended up running a total of 9 miles. My leg started at 11:30 at night and was by far the coolest running experience I've had to date. I was the lucky one this year who got sick (apparently it happens every year, of course it happens on my first) with the stomach flu. My poor team had to endure it with me. Beauty of Ragnar. Run, Drive, Sleep? (In a van) Repeat. And Why? I can't answer that. You either love it or you wonder why in the Sam Hell anyone would be so stupid. Do doubt every one of us wondered at one point what the heck we were thinking. Our team name: "Running on Empty" said it perfectly. Props to the whole team who ran their full 3-legs. You guys are awesome! Round 2 I hope to do the same;)

1 comment:

Shawn and Tasha said...

Way to go Brooke! Looks like you had such a blast.