Tuesday, February 1, 2011

London Run!

So I didn't capture any sweaty pics of myself this year but I need to keep tabs on my running journey. Back in July 2010 I did the Pioneer Day 10K run on a whim for the challenge of "just doing it" alone. I didn't stick around long enough to catch what my time was, but I'm sure it was very unimpressive. I got the bug to do a Half Marathon shortly after and begun training and got up to 10 miles. I realized after all of my toes were blood blistered that I needed a bigger size of shoes for long distance:) SO long story short... winter came, I stopped training because of the snow and as the PF Changs Half Marathon passed I was green with envy that I was not ready for it like some of my friends. Then I heard of the "London Run" in Queen Creek that was January 29th and decided I would see how far I could still run after 3 months of not running, but doing my usual workout routines. I got up to 8 miles and was thinking I was ready. Not so. After speaking with a very wise runner I decided to back off my big ideas of "Just going for it," and to avoid injury and the fun of going back to physical therapy, I decided to just do the 10K. It was so much fun! I finished 6.2 miles in 56 min. Which isn't a great time by any means, but I loved that it wasn't grueling like my first 10K and actually felt so easy. Now after getting fitted for the right shoes I'm ready to prep for my Half Marathon goal:)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Good for you Brooke!
I don't get the whole marathon "rush"....It doesn't in the least bit intrigue me or sound fun, AT ALL! Whats wrong with me? haha

Hallie said...

I'm so very impressed Brooke! :)

Arabeth said...

Thanks for your comment. Great Job on your run! Let me know if you want to do a half with my sis and I next January. It's a great course and fantastic weather.