Monday, November 23, 2009

GREATful

Every moment, every experience in life I believe serves a purpose. I believe those moments you spend in a mess playing make-believe with your 5-year-old and her newly invented self as "Broken hand girl" a.k.a.: Michelle while eating peas by hand with your 2-year-old are moments to look back and remember; and not wish I hadn't stopped to absorb it. I'm told often to ignore the laundry, leave the sink full and just give your time and full attention to what's important- your kids. Today I did that. I had a bit of a nervous tick as I glanced by the sink every time I walked by, and sure I had to fish my G's out of the clean basket of probably now wrinkled clothes this morning- but who cares right? I'm learning that the harder you try to do it all- the further away from it you get. So in response to a great talk I heard in church about gratitude.. I realize how great life is. Regardless of what I am anxiety stricken over, what enormous calling I feel I have, my responsibilities to be a wife and mother, etc., that I am grateful. I adore those random quirky girls that come from a random quirky mom and a patient dad that reminds me that those strange characteristics "don't come from him." Those things are priceless to me. Imperfection is beautiful, and challenges only make you stronger. I control what I can control, and that is all. The rest is not for me to worry about.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I totally agree! i need to be better... one step at a time

Tammy said...

That is sweet Brooke.

Teresa :) said...

AMEN! Thanks for that post. I never have it all together but you just made me feel better about it. :)