Friday, August 14, 2009

A NEW calling, Vacation, Flu, and a BURGLARY!

July and August have both held a little fun in my life:) I was recently called (1 week before Lake Powell) to be the new Primary President in my ward. Whoa. Kinda caught me off guard.. so before and during my vacation I have this constantly running in my mind. No way to take the edge off like a vacation to Lake Powell, right? Right... except the last Day there was flooded with the flu. Yes, the barfing flu. It started with me... and spread like wildfire. Before we left McKay, Jacque, and in at a close 3rd place was Traci! All feeling awesome. However, not much gets me down when I'm at Lake Powell, so NO it didn't ruin my vacation. STILL LOVED IT! What was more entertaining is that when we got home, our house was broken into, and my car was GONE. One of the windows in our dining room was wide open.. and Jordan's guns and my car were all that was missing. Thank heavens!! Anyways.. we got the cops over to do an investigation.. fingerprints..all that jazz and This is when it gets good!!! Okay.. So my car is an Off-white, Chrysler Aspen... an SUV. Enterprise rent-a-car can't seem to get us a car for the first FOUR days, so my mom was nice enough to let me borrow her Off-white, Chrysler 300... a car. The "Snowflake cops" call Jordan about 3-4 days after the police report was filed... and said," We're sending an officer over to your house because we spotted your car in front of your house. We're wondering what it's doing there?" Jordan was like, "It is? I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I'll call Brooke. She is borrowing her moms car because we haven't got a rental. It's an off-white Chrysler, but its a car. Ours is an SUV." Their response is, Oh, yours is an SUV?
Holy crap. Long story short... our car is found by the SHOW LOW PD, and guns are recovered. So moral of the story is... if your car is stolen in Snowflake, make sure they know what they are looking for.. because referring to the police report is far to challenging:)

3 comments:

Angela said...

WOW! What an eventful month. Glad you got your car back, any damage? GOOD luck with the new calling, that's a little overwhelming??? You'll be awesome!
BTW you are SOOO skinny, whats the trick? STRESS? Because I think I have a fair amount....but I'm not skinny! j/k I know you work out, and it pays off you look GREAT :)
It was good to see you the other night, even if we didn't get a chance to talk, take care!

Jen & Blake said...

What a month! I am glad that you had a vacation aside from all the other crazy stuff in your life. Sorry you got the flu and your stuff stolen. I don't know if you want your stuff back sometimes? But, I hope that you are doing good:) We sure miss hanging out with you. Goodluck with your calling too, you'll be awesome!

Kim Skinner said...

Primary President?! You'll do great. :)

Sorry about your house/car. At least you got it back.