Friday, December 5, 2008

Hunt for a Christmas Tree... or two!

This was my first official trip to get a real Christmas tree. For Jordan this is the norm, but I grew up with a fluffy, clean, fake one! And for our entire marriage we have had a white 6 ft. Christmas tree. Jordan couldn't take it anymore. I was a little hesitant about the trip because a long drive with two crazy girls? Whoa. It wasn't too bad. Luckily Mia fell asleep so it was partly bearable. Once we got there we ended up finding two really great trees, so we brought them home:) So yes, we had to decorate two this year. They're a little skimpy on decorations, but it is a house full of lights! Little full, Lotta sap. It was really fun. I think I might put up my white one still tho:) Who says three's a crowd?

The Drive... OH DEAR... the drive.

Were there:) Mia fell asleep so out Taylor and I went to search for pine cones.

My favorite line from Taylor this trip was," Mom let's eat snow! Not pee-snow, though! That stuff is yellow."

"It's not going in our front yard..... it going in our living room!"

Clark Griswold II. The last true family man.

2 comments:

emily said...

Im Jealous... I wanna real tree. But its only that much fun when you have kids and you make it a family event to go get one. If Jon and I went I would be all decked out, jamming the christmas tunes and jon would be annnoyed the whole time. so for now.....fake tree it is. Lame

Dan and Kirsten Flake said...

Where are you gonna put a tree that big Griswald. (Bend over and
I'll show you)